.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Future Imperative

What if technology were being developed that could enhance your mind or body to extraordinary or even superhuman levels -- and some of these tools were already here? Wouldn't you be curious?

Actually, some are here. But human enhancement is an incredibly broad and compartmentalized field. We’re often unaware of what’s right next door. This site reviews resources and ideas from across the field and makes it easy for readers to find exactly the information they're most interested in.

Name:

The future is coming fast, and it's no longer possible to ignore how rapidly the world is changing. As the old order changes -- or more frequently crumbles altogether -- I offer a perspective on how we can transform ourselves in turn... for the better. Nothing on this site is intended as legal, financial or medical advice. Indeed, much of what I discuss amounts to possibilities rather than certainties, in an ever-changing present and an ever-uncertain future.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Poll (Humor): How to Spend $5 Million to Become Superhuman -- AL, CPS, Dark, Hum, Plan, Psych, Self, Soc, $$$

*
Okay, imagine that you have an extra $5 million dollars. You still have plenty of money besides that to live on, help out family and friends, do good works on the side, invest, etc.

Now imagine that you were going to spend that $5 million over the course of two to three years in order to try to become superhuman. My question would be -- What kind of superbeing would you try to become, and how would you spend the money?

Incidentally, this isn't entirely hypothetical. I know someone with these kinds of interests who will probably be coming into quite a bit of money over the next few years.

So... What's your plan?

Here are some obvious choices you can comment on if you find them amusing (or intriguing), or ignore or replace them if you don't. And yes, I threw in a few URLs to explain some choices, but I didn't spend hours looking for perfect definitions online. And I’m really only personally familiar with the accelerated learning, creativity and mind machine fields, and even in those, I hardly know everything. Be warned. =)

I'll be posting these a section at a time, to avoid blog overload. Be warned, some choices are slightly less serious than others.

My plans for teamwork on this project are…
…Hah! What teamwork? I intend to become as a living god, crushing all beneath my will once I achieve Absolute Power! Why should I share my secrets with useless swine who would only seek to betray my glory? (Hah. Fools.)

…I will bring a number of close friends and/or meta enthusiasts on board, to work in a cooperative way to increase all of our abilities together.

…We are a dark Cabal, moving in the shadows, bending the world to our whims. But fear not, our grip is so absolute that even as you read this truth, you will be subliminally manipulated to disregard it. Have a pleasant, shallow day. That’s an order.

…I’ll hire people to help me out, and work with people who can offer me useful knowledge, skills or resources, but I’m planning to make this an individual project.

…I plan to start my own school to help others achieve the same things I will, either now or in the near future. Xavier’s, Hogwarts – Look out!

…Help build a society that nurtures genius in all of its citizens.
http://www.winwenger.com/part75.htm
http://www.creativeclass.org/acrobat/paperback_intro.pdf

…My work is just the beginning of the creation of a new Master Race. Fear Our Coming!

…My work is just the beginning of a great project I hope to extend to the entire planet.

...I’m part of a great conspiracy of people trying to bring about a critical mass of superhumans on Earth. See Grant Morrison.

...I foresee a great conflict between the emerging trans/meta/para/superhumans when they at last begin to emerge, with the critical edge belonging to those who evolve first. Which is why I intend to get there before everyone else. You’ll know me when you see me, towering above lesser mortals and driving mine enemies before me.


Future Imperative

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home