.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Future Imperative

What if technology were being developed that could enhance your mind or body to extraordinary or even superhuman levels -- and some of these tools were already here? Wouldn't you be curious?

Actually, some are here. But human enhancement is an incredibly broad and compartmentalized field. We’re often unaware of what’s right next door. This site reviews resources and ideas from across the field and makes it easy for readers to find exactly the information they're most interested in.

Name:

The future is coming fast, and it's no longer possible to ignore how rapidly the world is changing. As the old order changes -- or more frequently crumbles altogether -- I offer a perspective on how we can transform ourselves in turn... for the better. Nothing on this site is intended as legal, financial or medical advice. Indeed, much of what I discuss amounts to possibilities rather than certainties, in an ever-changing present and an ever-uncertain future.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Question -- Potency of the Image Streaming Technique? -- AL, CPS, Easy, Self

*
Regarding the all-purpose intelligence-enhancing and problem-solving technique Image Streaming (reviewed here) one reader asks...

"I would like to ask you for how long have you been in contact with image streaming, and if you think that it´s effects on intelligence are permanent."

Hmm. I've been in contact with Image Streaming since roughly the mid-90s, though I didn't discover the Imagestream discussion group until at least a year or two after picking up The Einstein Factor.

I believe that Image Streaming can have a profound positive impact on human intelligence, but I haven't practiced it enough and consistently enough to be sure how long its most dramatic effects can persist. What I do know is that I have come up with some impressive concepts for inventions as a side effect of regular Image Streaming over a relatively short period of time perhaps less than a week, in at least some cases).

I believe that at least some of the benefits of Image Streaming on the intellect are more or less permanent. However, one effect I've noticed from Image Streaming is a marked sharpening of my senses after at least a few days of solid practice. This enhancement of my senses appears to be a result of my keener awareness of the input from my senses, rather than an improvement in my sensory organs. I haven't retained the full measure of this improvement after any extended period of Image Streaming practice, though some carry over may have indeed occurred. But since the one time I felt this most powerfully I didn't maintain my Image Streaming for very long -- several weeks would have been a much better test, much less months -- I don't know if I would have retained it that way. Or if I'd gone for a few weeks and thrown in Dr. Wenger's "Head of the Careful Observer" protocol.

I would suggest trying Dr. Wenger's 10 by 10 challenge (or whatever it's called), where you practice Image Streaming with a recorder or live partner for just 10 minutes a day for ten days. If you find this technique to have expanded your perceptions and overall intelligence, try Dr. Wenger's Borrowed Genius, perhaps his problem-solving IS variant Over-the-Wall and/or his "speed reading" technique (the easiest of these), described here.

Trying out these different methods will enable you to combine basic Image Streaming with methods that can have a practical benefit other than self-improvement, such as enhanced skills, solving difficult problems or reading faster and with better comprehension. All of which may not only keep you interested in maintaining regular practice, but also enable you to expand "bottleneck" areas in your personal capabilities that otherwise would restrict you from achieving your full potential. For example, being unable to assess the written ideas of others in a timely fashion because reading simply takes you too long or you have too little time for it.


Future Imperative

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home